To our community, families, and young participants:
We know that there is much uncertainty about COVID-19, and that the information is dynamic and changing every day. While we are a small-group workspace, and our programs average only 12 participants and 2 instructors, we recognize that minimizing exposure is the only way to contain the spread of COVID-19. As of now, our upcoming spring (April-May) after-school programming and summer camps (June-August) will take place as planned, following the precautions listed below. Our weekend workshops will be assessed on a case-by-case basis, based on the workshop activity and our ability to deliver safe tool instruction versus maintaining social distance. We are closely monitoring the latest information from the CDC and other local (county and city) agencies, and will adjust accordingly based on an informed judgement about the risk to our community’s health. If we cancel any paid programming, alternate program dates and full refunds will be granted to all registered participants.
Please know that Girls Garage is taking all recommended precautions to keep our workspace and community healthy. This includes:
- Asking all participants and staff to wash their hands upon arrival and after working or eating,
- Posting signage about proper hand-washing technique,
- Maintaining social distance (arms-length), with the exception of limited hands-on support for safe tool instruction,
- Wiping down and sanitizing all surfaces (work tables, desks, bathroom fixtures, door knobs) and safety equipment before and after each program, and
- Asking participants who are feeling ill to stay home.
Thank you for your trust in us as we all navigate this concerning and rapidly-changing moment.
Cancelled or rescheduled workshops:
March 15: DIY Planter Box Buddy-Build, rescheduled for April 5
March 21: Mother/Daughter Welding, rescheduled for April 11